Post by Administrator on Sept 28, 2015 19:02:43 GMT -6
Code of ConductThese rules are subject to change at any time. All members will be informed of significant modifications. All of the rules in this post will be enforced based upon the severity of the issue, the type of issue, and any prior history of issues.
- Respect others. Show respect to all members and staff on the site. Do not send offensive or aggressive messages to other users. If you have an issue with another member, kindly inform staff and we will help resolve the problem.
- No drama. We aim to keep Dango Daikazoku to be a fun, safe place for all. We request from all of our members to avoid instigating drama, whether it be based on site events or from interactions with other members. Additionally, please keep any venting or ranting about your personal life to yourself. Our roleplay forum is not a suitable outlet for such things.
- Credit content that you use. Don’t plagiarize or steal art, profiles, etc. from other sites or players. Using art for your avatar or signature is fine, but we expect that you follow the intent of the original artist when using their art. If an artist requests credit for their work, put a link that leads back to them in your signature!
- Please note that websites like Danbooru, WeHeartIt, etc. are NOT sources. These websites take images from other websites almost always without permission from the original artists. Please read this comprehensive guide on finding proper sources for images.
- If your art is used on our site without your permission and you want it taken down, please contact one of our staff and we will remove your work(s) as soon as possible.
- Do not post restricted content. We want to keep our setting and our site relatively family-friendly. As such these content rules apply to both in-character RP and out-of-character DMs and threads. Using the RPG-Rating System, our site allows:
- Infrequent and mild swearing is allowed. For example, the occasional cuss word is permitted, but a swear-laden rant is not.
- Mild sexual innuendos and references are allowed. Explicit representations or references to genitalia or sex acts are not permitted. For example, flirting with sexual undertones is fine but describing a sex scene is not.
- Mild violence is allowed. Explicit descriptions of violence are not permitted. For example, describing a fistfight is fine, but an intense description of gore or death is not.
- Write well. Dango Daikazoku is a moderate to advanced roleplay forum. This means there is an expectation that posts will have very few, if any, grammatical and spelling errors, and that posts will be of a decent word length. One-liners and similar lacklustre styles are not permitted. We also expect all posts to be written in third person, past-tense, so that all writing styles have a level of consistency across the site.
- Keep up with your threads. Having your characters in multiple threads at the same time is permitted. However, out of courtesy for your fellow players, please keep your thread count to something you can manage with relative consistency. We do not require a strict schedule for posting, but we do keep track of player activity. Every month we create a rollcall thread for players to check in. Even if you haven't posted in the span of that month, you can check in on the rollcall thread just to let us know you're still around and which characters you still plan to use. Characters who have posted in the past month will automatically be added to the rollcall list. If a character is not placed in the rollcall thread for two months in a row, they will be considered inactive.